Last night I dreamed we were watching Frozen 2. We were seated in the back of the theater, the screen was tiny and we started late so it was difficult to follow. I tried to tell Sam something and finally got it out,” They are going on a great adventure to save their land.” That’s us! Our land is in peril. We must go on this great adventure, no matter the challenge, to save our land. Not just the land of the free and the home of the brave, but our land, our world, the area where our families live daily and where our minds contain peace and calm despite the storms.
How do we start this journey, and continue it despite the challenges? I came up with 5 ways to accomplish our journey with success and safety.
PUT ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER
1) To start your travel you must put one foot in front of the other. Never give up, keep your eyes on the prize. You’ve heard it all before. But it is true. Don’t give into feeling depressed, defeated or despondent. Our land is at stake here! Go forward to save our lives and the lives of our kids, To save our sanity and maintain peace and calm despite the challenges.
TALK TO GOD
2) Talk to God, for He will hear and save your land. You will get direction, unity and wisdom as you pray for your friends, family, and the leaders of the World. Psalm 100 (KJV) reminds us to “Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands…For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.” That means we will impact future generations as we praise God and bless our kids and grandkids now with our presence peace, prayers and praise.
3) Celebrate life and light as you go on your adventure, daily and no matter how long it takes. Open up the curtains, let the sunshine in. Get some fresh air, take a walk even if you have to bundle up during these chilly spring days. Work in the yard in anticipation of a glorious spring and summer as flowers and trees blossom. Eat on Granny’s china for every day is special. Dress up, put make-up on, fix your hair like you’re going somewhere. For you are! Every second, every minute every hour and every day is a gift. Unwrap it and be enthralled with it, whether you wanted it or not.Have a good attitude and it will be a gift to those around you.
4) We are in times of isolation when you feel alone or like you’ve lost everything. I would say have coffee with a friend but we are practicing social distancing now. Call people, encourage them, take them a meal if you can keep your distance. My husband Sam and I have both lost sons and it feels like you’ve lost everything. It’s when you’re heartbroken and God bandages your wounds, you know He sustains you. Trusting God is what can get you through.
READ A GOOD BOOK
5) Go back to a good book. My husband and I are going to read “The Chronicles of Narnia” to each other. Instead of watching TV for hours in the evening, we will go on an adventure to Narnia and learn about love and lessons that will carry over into our current lives and save our land. We will still make a list of things to do and accomplish them on this journey, whether clean. computer time, calls or cards. A little fun diversion never hurts! Especially when it’s Lincoln logs with your grandson.
There may be twists and turns, hills and valleys but we will get through to a glorious vista. The death and disease will be conquered as we see God reign and our land saved! In my dream the screen was small as the Coronavirus is small compared to God. The Passion Translation says in Psalm 4:8 “Now because of you, Lord, I will lie down in peace and sleep comes at once, for no matter what happens, I will live unafraid!” Go on your great adventure with the greatest companion, unafraid!
Working with you, Debbie
Sam is a businessman, writer, entertainer, speaker, husband, father to six children, grandfather and great grandfather. Sam graduated from Huntington University with a B.A. in phychology and drama and pursued a degree in Broadcasting from Illinois Central College with graduate level studies at Christian Leadership University. Sam is the creator of Granpa Cratchet, one of the most successful touring shows in the history of the live events industry. Millions of people see Granpa every year all across the United States at fairs and festivals. His characters have appeared on every major network: Good Morning America, Entertainment Tonight, The Today Show (4 times). Sam and his characters have made over 500 local appearances and on all the major networks; NBC, CBS, ABC, ESPN, PBN, The LeSea Network, The PTL Network and Praise the Lord. They currently appear all around the world every week on YouTube and Facebook, and on several satellite networks via the Kidz Television Network and The Captain Hook (children's) Show.