Realize your purpose and passions in life and you will have power to achieve your dreams, goals and identity. You will find your place in the planet and accomplish much that is fantastic and fun. Notice I said passions with an S, for everyone has many passions and that gives multiple avenues for finding troves of treasure wherever you go and whatever you do! Passion is a strong and barely containable emotion. How do you find your passion? It’s that part of you that brings peace, purpose and excellence with enthusiasm and strong emotion. It brings excitement, it’s not a drudgery that causes dull emotions or something you have to endure. Passion is the opposite of passive which leaves you apathetic, deflated and defeated. To be passionate about something is to achieve the next level with excellence. Therefore, if you have the desire to do your best it enables you to overcome any situation, trial or test. This sounds profound! I choose passion over passive, how about you?
- There are ways to be passionate that are negative. A kleptomaniac is passionate about stealing. It controls them and they risk all to experience it. A drug addict is passionate about their next high and will go to any means to get it.
- Negative passions select toxic emotions that can produce real physiological reactions in the body and cause serious mental and physical illness. What we choose to think about can change the landscape of our brain with resulting positive emotions such as peace and happiness instead of negative emotions such as anger, rage or unforgiveness. (see Dr. Caroline Leaf’s book “Who Switched Off My Brain?”)
- Choose to make a positive impact on those around you that you are passionate about. I was up at three AM with a sick grandchild. This was not a sacrifice that was difficult to do, it was a privilege to be there for him. It was putting my thankfulness for his life into motion. A service resulting in an act of praise which causes our focus to be thankful, overflowing with gratitude.
- Pray to the most Passionate. God loves us with an everlasting love. He is the wrap- around God who protects us with a shield. “Lord, I passionately love you and I’m bonded to you, for now you’ve become my power.” (Psalm 18:1 TPT) He gives us power to make it through all things with success in life and loss.
- The first book translated in the Passion Bible was “Song of Solomon.” It’s not just about passion between a husband and wife but between Jesus and you. He loves you passionately!
- Your passion may seem stifled, but really it just took a detour. My grandson is an artist who dreamed of a career in that field. But his passion now is his family. He got another job to provide for them, he took a detour from his passion for them. Art is his hobby, and who knows for how long. He accepts this, so it’s not a daily struggle to go to work. He has refocused to enjoy the life he has with his wife and kids. It’s important to remember you can have more than one passion or love in life’s journey.
- I had a passion for nursing for forty years. This was my calling, career, passion and purpose. After my son died in 2014 we began raising his eighteen month old son. I developed a passion for grandparents raising their grandkids. I gave up my career and changed my focus to him. It was challenging but beyond rewarding. By the way, I will always be a nurse and a grandmother. I have a duet of passions that harmonize well.
- If you are consumed by grief and your world is turned upside down, you ponder how you are going to get your next breath, not your passion. The strong emotion you have is overwhelming sadness, not sure how life can go on. Take heart dear one, God is faithful. He walks with us through the fire or the valley of the shadow of death. (Psalm 23) If He is with you through loss and tragedy then He is still with you as you come out the other side. I don’t say that glibly, I’ve been there. It’s painful but you have to go through it to get to a promised place flowing with love, life and laughter. If you decide to stay in that painful place you will not find healing for your hurts. I pray for the families who lost children and loved ones in Texas this week. What a senseless tragedy. Sometimes life makes no sense and you have to trust God even when you can’t trust Him.
- You may get confused because what you are passionate about seems to have died: a dream, a job, a family member, or a healing. You may be pregnant with passion and it will be delivered at the proper time. This may involve labor which may bring pain. God brings passion where there once was pain. He brings light in the dark places so you will see which way to go.
Passion Brings Compassion
- How does finding your passion benefit others? You will be easier to get along with if you’re happy, fulfilled and not frustrated. It will lead to something spectacular in your life and those around you when you walk in peace, kindness, purpose and passion. If you don’t think of others because you are distracted, change what you are attracted to.
- Change the channel of your mind to a happy place which benefits you and those around you. You can’t always control your circumstances but you can control your reaction to them.
I can’t tell you what to be passionate about, only how awesome it is to have that fire in your bones that sparks passion, purpose, prosperity and peace in your life! This encounter will result in a fantastic journey for your spirit, soul and body to you and those around you. Passion is a huge topic to cover, a huge task to narrow it down and a huge treasure to reveal it’s many incredible facets. I’ve enjoyed it, I pray you have too!
Sam is a businessman, writer, entertainer, speaker, husband, father to six children, grandfather and great grandfather. Sam graduated from Huntington University with a B.A. in phychology and drama and pursued a degree in Broadcasting from Illinois Central College with graduate level studies at Christian Leadership University. Sam is the creator of Granpa Cratchet, one of the most successful touring shows in the history of the live events industry. Millions of people see Granpa every year all across the United States at fairs and festivals. His characters have appeared on every major network: Good Morning America, Entertainment Tonight, The Today Show (4 times). Sam and his characters have made over 500 local appearances and on all the major networks; NBC, CBS, ABC, ESPN, PBN, The LeSea Network, The PTL Network and Praise the Lord. They currently appear all around the world every week on YouTube and Facebook, and on several satellite networks via the Kidz Television Network and The Captain Hook (children's) Show.