Time is a spectacular gift given to you by your Creator. Jesus gave up His heavenly home to identify with you and become your sacrifice for sin. He left eternity to prepare a place for you there. He was born, lived and died. He dwelt in time as you do. (See John 1:14) The one who is timeless became time for you. Jesus now does not live in the confines contained in time. His realm is real and beyond your limited understanding. It is incredible that God allows man to experience life at all. Your challenge is to make the most of the time you have been given. What an opportunity you have to take time to impact the ones in your life. For that impact can change the world, from your corner to beyond.
It is my son’s birthday. V-day. The V stands for Valentines, but it could stand for victory. In 2014 his time changed. He went from minute to minute to glory to glory. Now he knows no time, only eternity. He went from brokenness to restoration, from knowing his Savior to truly knowing his Savior. I can hardly say Happy Heavenly Birthday because one day is not singled out in Heaven. That day will always be singled out for me though, a day when time stood still and misery reigned. Time took on a new meaning for me also when he died. A time to mourn, to lean on the Everlasting arms. It seemed things were in slow motion, will the pain ever stop? How do you proceed when your world is turned upside down? Here are five P words to help with the process of righting your world and finding peace and purpose in the time you are in.
- Pace yourself. One foot in front of the other, that’s how you get anywhere. Don’t be overwhelmed with what you have to do or the limited time you have to do it. This may cause a shutdown or meltdown. Take your time, despise not baby steps for they lead to giant steps which accomplish incredible things. Get your thinking aligned with God and He will show you a way out and a way through, then take action towards that way.
- Positive. Choosing to think positive is more than mind over matter. It actually changes the neurons in your brain and your DNA making smoother pathways and a more pleasant time for the life you have. You become what you think. If you choose negative toxic emotions such as anger, hate, or unforgiveness you open yourself up to these emotions and you will experience inflammation and disease. Instead choose life and health, positive emotions such as joy, love, peace and kindness. (See “Switch On Your Brain “ by Dr. Caroline Leaf)
- Purpose. Your purpose should be on purpose. Be intentional. Part of my purpose was the time I worked in the marketplace where my ministry was nursing. I got to help people and I got paid for it, how awesome is that! Also my passion was my grandkids, spending time with them and planting into them so they will become successful, productive people who will make a difference in this world for their time, their culture and their kids, even my great-great-great grandkids. Pursue your passion with fervor for that is your purpose.
- Pray without ceasing and especially in difficult or challenging times. When Jesus is your Savior you are in union with Him and you are one. (“…be transformed as you embrace the glorious Christ within as your new life and live in union with him!” Ephesians 4:24 TPT) No need to pray Lord be with me, for He already is with you and for this you have much to be grateful for. Instead pray “Thank you for being with me, how are we going to get through this together?” (“Don’t Give The Enemy A Seat At Your Table” p. 28 by Louie Giglio) This shifts your prayer life to one of victory and blessed assurance every time and for all time.
- Perspective is key. You live in a limited time but your God is timeless. The Bible compares us to grass clippings that blow away in the wind, but the Lord’s endless love stretches unbroken to all eternity. (See Psalm 103:16-17) Your life is brief in the scheme of things but make sure it matters. Loving one another should be our way of life and His love never brings fear. (See 1 John 4:11 and 1 John 4:18) So don’t think you can’t or you’re not worthy. You absolutely have the love of God lavished on you. He never gives up on you, so don’t give up on yourself! You are a child of God and of great value to Him, therefore you are precious and can do valuable things every time.
An interesting side note is recently the movie “Jesus Revolution” came out. It is about the impact of the Jesus movement to the Hippies and the culture around the 1970’s. It was a time of revival. The ripple is still felt as people found Jesus as the way to hope, peace and love. “Time” magazine did an article on the Jesus movement giving credence to the movement and its importance at that time, which still extends to this time now. (See June 21, 1971 Time Magazine) The men who created Time magazine did so 100 years ago and wanted articles to be brief so businessmen would have time to read them. The brevity of their lives is realized now. They were like flowers that flourished for a short time and then withered. (See Job 14:2) May your blossom be realized long after it has withered.
Let your life be a mist that matters. (See James 4:14) Your influence can impact many for the kingdom of God, from those around you to those across the globe. Go use your time wisely and be a world changer making the most of your time so you effect others for all time, and into eternity where there’s no time.
samuelswords View All
Sam is a businessman, writer, entertainer, speaker, husband, father to five children, grandfather and great grandfather. Sam graduated from Huntington University with a B.A. in psychology and drama and pursued a degree in Broadcasting from Illinois Central College with graduate degree in Christian Ministry from Christian Leadership University. Sam is the creator of Granpa Cratchet, one of the most successful touring shows in the history of the live events industry. Millions of people see Granpa every year all across the United States at fairs and festivals. His characters have appeared on every major network: Good Morning America, Entertainment Tonight, The Today Show (4 times). Sam and his characters have made over 500 local appearances and on all the major networks; NBC, CBS, ABC, ESPN, PBN, The LeSea Network, The PTL Network and Praise the Lord. They currently appear all around the world every week on YouTube and Facebook, and on several satellite networks via the Kidz Television Network and The Captain Hook (children's) Show.
Leave a Reply